At Newtown Pharmacy we are dedicated to offering a professional and safe ear piercing service. Our staff members are trained and certified by Studex a US company with 30 offices worldwide. All Studex earrings and instruments are packaged and sterilised to meet and exceed US FDA and EC European standards.
We use the Studex System 75 instrument for ear piercing . Earrings are selected from a range including 9ct Gold and White Gold, 24ct Gold Plated, Stainless Steel and Titanium.
Earrings are loaded into a disposable, single use cartridge meaning the instrument does not come into contact with your skin at any point. All earrings are pre-sterilised for hygenic and effective piercing.
If you are 16 years or younger a consent form must be signed by a parent or legal guardian, who must be present in the Pharmacy while the piercing is taking place.
We offer a wide variety of ear piercing options:
- Single Lobe Piercing - This is a single piercing on one ear.
- Pair Lobe Piercing - This is a single piercing on both ears.
- Dual Lobe Piercing - Perfect for children. It involves two trained staff members piercing both ears at the same time. Please call and book in advance to ensure that two piercing specialists are available.
- Second Piercing - We can pierce your ears more than just once. We will carefully mark and pierce another hole slightly away from your original piercing. Ample healing time must be allowed between the original piercing and the second piercing.
- Cartilage Piercing - We can pierce the flat section at the natural curve of your ear. Age Restrictions apply.
After piercing our trained specialists will show you the correct After Care for your piercing. You will receive a bottle of After Piercing Lotion as part of the ear piercing service. This lotion has been specially formulated to help newly pierced ears heal quickly and reduce any stinging or redness directly after piercing.